ADK’s membership magazine, single copy
Adirondac magazine is sent to ADK members, but non-members may purchase single copies of the most current issue of the magazine. Adirondac magazine is published six times a year. Non-members may also order a subscription from the online store for $20 (within U.S.A.).
When someone says ‘room with a view,’ do you picture a lean-to on a remote lake? When you hear the words ‘a stroll in the park,’ do you dream of strapping on your backpack and hiking a High Peak? Does your idea of a ‘luxury cruise’ involve paddles? Then Adirondac is for you! This magazine is one of the many benefits of ADK membership.
Adirondac Feature Articles
In articles ranging from current environmental topics, to chronicles of the people and events that shaped the Park, to adventurers’ tales, to ideas about where to go for your next adventure, Adirondac features section offers insight and inspiration to active outdoors people and armchair Adirondack lovers alike.
- The regular departments in Adirondac include:
- Random Scoots, where editor Neal Burdick provides insight on ADK news past, present, and future
- The ever-popular Accident Report, in which veteran hiker Tony Goodwin analyzes adventures gone awry
- View from the Summit, where ADK’s leadership provides perspective on recent events
- The View from Albany, Conservation and Advocacy, keeping us abreast of ADK’s involvement in the political activity that affects our state’s wild areas
- Tracks and Traces, Notes from the Field, covering the latest club and chapter activities and upcoming events
- ADK Education Programs, with learning opportunities for everyone
- Seasonal Outings, providing information on how to participate in exciting activities around NY
- Trading Post, where you can buy and sell outdoor gear, real estate, and anything of interest to ADKers
Interested in advertising your business, product, or service to the thousands of active outdoorspeople who read Adirondac? To receive a media kit or for more information, contact email@example.com, or call 518-668-4447 Ext. 29.